Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm Ticked Pink (Grapefruit) with Burt's Bees' Newest Lip Balm!

Good morning, ladies! 
On a wonderful trip around town, my best friend Ann (www.not-justapretty-face.blogspot.com) gifted me with Burt's Bees newest lip balm. It's perfect for summer in every way except for one. Unfortunately, there is no SPF for the prevention of burnt lips. All negatives aside, this balm is great! It actually hydrates, it has a wonderful grapefruit smell, and gives a beautiful shine to lips.


The Basics
Formula: stick balm
Scent Info: Just grapefruit
Cost/Availability: $2.99 for 0.15 oz
Packaging: rounded tube with pink pull-off cap, twist-up balm
My Rating: 5/5 or A+


Formula:  A blend of moisturizing oils like sunflower, soybean, and castor paired with beeswax to seal in all 
 hydration. Grapefruit Seed Oil uplifts as well as cleanses and clears.

Shade: This balm has a yellow-ish appearance in the tube but it goes and crystal clear and super shiny!
PROS
  • 100% Natural
  • Only $3 a tube
  • Very hydrating
  • Light grapefruit smell
  • Super shiny formula
  • Doesn't harden like most Burt's Bees lip balms (because of much more oil)
  • Not tested on animals
CONS
  • Contains much more oils than the other lip balms by BB, so it is used up quicker than harder ones.
  • The grapefruit scent fades very quickly after use.

What do you think? 

I know I love it, despite the few cons that come with this balm. I might be picking up another one soon... (I go through tubes fast. :(   )


Xoxo,
Gabby

No comments: